So, do you like the movie? Then read the rules and feel free to join us! If you want to update your fanlisting information, please use update form instead.
The fanlisting was last updated on 28th February 2017, with Kelly as the newest member(s). There are currently 5 fans listed and 0 pending. Powered by Enthusiast.Know nothing about fanlistings? A fanlisting is simply an online list of fans of a subject, such as a TV show, actor, or musician, that is created by an individual and open for fans from around the world to join. There are no costs, and the only requirements to join a fanlisting are your name and country. If you'd like to know more, please visit thefanlistings.org.
From Rotten Tomatoes:
At once beholden to the established conventions of the genre and delightfully subversive of them, Ip Man is one of the most exciting -- and refreshingly character-driven -- martial arts films in years.
PlotThe film opens with master Liu opening a kung fu school in a city in southern China called Foshan. Liu comes to fellow master Ip Man (Ip is a family name), a practitioner of Wing Chun style, for the "exchange of experience" or, to put it simply, for a friendly sparring match.
Click to continue reading.
After the beginning of second Chinese-Japanese war, Foshan is captured by the Japanese army headed by general Miura. Ip Man loses his house, and his wife and son are starving, so he has to look for a job. He employs at a coal mine, where he meets a former Foshan police inspector Li Zhao. Li Zhao works for the Japanese as a translator. He makes the following offer to the workers: they come to the newly established dojo of general Miura, compete with Karate practitioners from Japan, and those who win get a bag of rice. Ip Man refuses to fight for Miura's amusement, but his old friend Lin (nicknamed "Crazy" Lin) readily accepts the offer. He is, however, killed in a brutal fight with general Miura. Next day Lin is obviously absent at work. Worried about his friend, Ip Man goes to the arena himself and catches Miura's attention.
- Donnie Yen as Ip Man, grandmaster of the Wing Chun style
- Lynn Hung as Ip Man's bossy wife
- Li Ze as their son
- Simon Yam as Chow Ching-chuen, Ip Man's trusted friend and a businessman
- Gordon Lam as police inspector Li Zhao, who later becomes a translator for Japanese officers, and branded a traitor by other Chinese people
- Fan Siu-wong as rude Northerner Jin Shanzhao, later a thief and the leader of his own gang
- Xing Yu as Crazy Lin
- Chen Zhihui as master Liu, talented martial artist
- Hiroyuki Ikeuchi as Japanese general Miura, who is passionate towards martial arts
- Wanna To Fight
- Take Thing Easy
- City Of Sadness
- At A Loss
- In Vain
- Stuck In A Moment
- Pay For It
- Die For It
- Ip Man
- "Siu Lim Tau"
- Going Under
- In Danger
- Ready To Fight
- Battle For Righteousness
- Maestro II
- The Trailer
Please do not hotlink.
Rules & Codes
Please read before joining:
- You must like the film. What are you doing here otherwise? ;)
- You have to input a valid e-mail address and country.
- Please, use sane name/nickname when filling the form. Having too much numbers or symbols in your nickname is not appreciated. I will change your name if necessary.
- A website is not required, but if you do have a website and you want it to be listed on the site, please pick a code and link back to http://fan.sleety.org/ipman
- Please do not direct link codes or images.
You can choose one of the following codes. Willing to donate some of yours? Then e-mail me: .
List of members
Belgium — email — website
Russia — email — website
England — email — website
Germany — email — website
Palau — — website